Trying to get pregnant

My husband and I are try working on baby # 2. We tried on the 3rd and again last night. I dont get my period until the 24-28th. How soon can I test? It's driving me crazy not knowing. Also when is the best time to try?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Wait until you miss your period.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i would wait until the 24th to test otherwise you are prob just wasting money on HPTs and possible false negatives...
    good luck :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would wait until the 24th. False positives really suck and you probably won't have enough hormones until then.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 6:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• So you are saying you have only had sex twice in the last week? It would be a good idea to have sex more if you are TTC.
    To answer,,,, if you miss your period, test then.

Answer by louise2 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• im in the same boat at you im getting me period 24-28.. and me and the mister have been trying.. this is our 1st month trying and shockingly enough i have been really calm and cool about it! :) last month we thought that maybe i might be and i was freaking out the whole month!!! its no good! it actually made my period 3 weeks late! so dont put yourself threw the stress... i have been taking prenatals and i think they are making me feel really great!! you should start taking them if your ttc oh and pay close attention to your cm (cervical mucus!)
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You need to track your cycles and find out when you ovulate. You can tell by the change in your cervical mucus or with an ovulation predictor kit (OPT). You typically ovulate around day 14 of your cycle. You have a small window to get the sperm to the egg at that time...like 24-48 hours. You can test a full 2 weeks after having the sex but if that is negative, then test again in a week. Good luck!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would wait til you've missed your period to avoid driving yourself nuts. Which you might do anyway. GL
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010