What Does Your Dog Really Like to Eat not for

a Meal? Our Cockerpoo loves ice. Last year it was really hot and humid, we only have A/C in the bedroom so it's really hot thru out the house. I'd give her an ice cube when ever I'd get some in a cold drink. Now when she hears the ice cube dispenser working, she runs from anywhere in the house, jumping up & down for the ice. She's so funny, but I think it's great that she has enough sense to run up to get it, some times she tosses it in the air and catches it, or chases it across the kitchen floor. What do your dogs like?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pets

• Ours loves popcorn! Whenever my DD makes a bowl, the dog knows exactly what she's doing and heads for her spot on the couch to wait for it!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 6:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Our dog loves sunflower seeds. She will steal them from hubby's bowl when he's not looking (but it's hard to miss the puddle of drool left behind). She will chew on them and spit the shells back out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Bully Sticks. :)

I do want to warn to be careful with the ice though.. it's been known to cause bloat when the dog is really hot.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Our Belgian Malinois also loves ice! If anyone is getting ice, she is sitting right in front of the refridgerator waiting for a piece. All of our dogs love carrots and cantaloupe, too.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My dog had some issues w/ pancreatitis so his diet has to be managed carefully. As a result he really can't have anything with protein or fat. All veggies. His faves? carrots, potatoes, green beans, apples.

Note: don't give dogs raisins or grapes or things with garlic or onions.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 3:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Two of my dogs are vacuums and will eat anything. My oldest dog has alwasy been pretty picky. She is selective about her dog treats, will tunr her nose up at cat food and even most people food that normal dogs would grab in a heart beat
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my dogs like to eat their own poop. gross i know. my one shih tzu eats paper. all shorts of it laying around the house. toilet paper is one of her favorites. i don't normally feed the dogs table scraps but they it anything if i give them it. accept jalapenos..lol
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Your dog is TOO Funny! Mine Loves Chicken Livers! LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• CODY WILL NOT EAT CELERY OR LETTUCE. HE'S A YELLOW LABRADOR.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Cheese, all 4 of them love it. My Malmute has a thing for butter and we can't leave a butter dish or she will get up on the counter and take it. She never does this with anything else. And they all love chocolate but only get very tiny amounts once in a great while
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010