The Duggars

Did you see the new article on Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar in People Magazine? I know that many may disagree but I think they are wonderful people. They have truly given their life and fertility over to God. They trust him through everything. I think that they are a living testimony to so many. I hope that if it is his will that God will bless them with baby number 20.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20409404,00.html

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 6:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree with matthewscandi (reply 10) and GrnEyedGrandma (reply 30).

I can't wait for #20 to get here. This is God's will for them. His will for everyone is different. He didn't make more than one Moses, Noah, Job, King Solomon, Mary, or Jesus. He made one Michelle Duggar & one Jim Bob Duggar, and one of each of those 19 children who each were planned and will live their own individual lives. God bless them!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think they are nuts. They dont raise their kids, they "assign" older ones to younger ones...and btw did you know they allow NO music in the house, or lives, NONE. I watched them say it on an episode, Jim said"it causes the body to move in a way to excite the opposite sex". thats neat because it seems they walk past each other and a baby comes. Also, I think she is selfish to continue to try when docs have warned her repeatedly that what happened to her DD JACY will keep happening because her body is shot.
    anyways nuts.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I can make no judgement on the Duggars or their parenting abilities, but I personally feel it is reckless to continue to have so many kids, especially when there have been serious complications in recent years with her pregnancies.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I always thought of this as a "just because you can doesn't mean you should" issue. Someone inform Jim Bob that he can have sex without getting her pregnant!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think that enough it enough already. BECAUSE she had serious complications with the last pregnancy and to get pregnant again knowing the risks to her and her unborn baby is just wrong! Who is going to raise all of those babies if she dies as a result of that pregnancy?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I like the Duggars and all but they need to stop having kids! The risk to the innocent child that will be brought into the world is too much! and to SleepingBeautee: If something happens to her you know that their other children will be stuck raising the kids, like they are already doing!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• They have been terribly lucky up to this poing that their children have been healthy. Josie is going to have some special needs for a while. Its extremely selfish to even entertain the thought of another baby. Interesting though... I know a family who had similar philosophies on being open to all the children God gave them. After a dozen or so he got testicular cancer. He's fine now but has prosthetic nuts now. Maybe that's how God tells you that you are done....
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• At this point it's just a hot dog down an alley. surprise mini

The poor woman, no common sense whatsoever. Does she even feel pleasure anymore?

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My grandmother had 10 children, one every two years... she was preggers for two decades. It does quite a number on you physically. After having to have her uterus removed, she died of kidney failure. I don't watch this show because I find the whole thing a bit disturbing. I'm still trying to figure out how they afford that many kids, I can barely afford the three I have.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think they are a little looney.

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010