What is your take on sperm donors???

I found this site that I think is awesome, thoughts please?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/08/11/sperm.donor.sibling.connect/?hpt=Sbin

Asked by older at 6:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I find it a great way for a woman to start a family. i know a couple who have used the same donor for 2 pregnancies so their kids will be full siblings. Cheers to science!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• . I'm not so sure I personally would be able to do it because it would be a little person out there that was half you.

Unless you just admitted to being a man, I don't think you COULD do it.

And I think it is a useful tool.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think it is a great way for people to get pregnant who otherwise wouldn't be able to. I'm not so sure I personally would be able to do it because it would be a little person out there that was half you. I think that would eat at me forever just wondering...I think it is close to adoption really. But that is just me.
    sunshine_baby86

Answer by sunshine_baby86 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I personally would want to know the father and would seek a friend or someone willing to give me his sperm. Contracts drawn up as needed...
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't just be able to choose some random guy to be a DNA contributor for my kids. I have no problem with others using if. A friend of mind did and she has a wonderful little boy..her dh survived a bout with cancer..his sperm didn't.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 1. For others. Thats great. Im glad this is available for those who need it.
    2. For myself I dont think I could ever use it..
    3. For my hubby -- I would not like knowing he has donated sperm.. Id feel "i have a stepchild somewhere in the world & I love a part of our family that has never even been a part of me" ... I wouldnt like my child had a 1/2 sibling they will never know..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Momma, I know what you mean, the site I quoted are siblings finding each other what they have to identify is a donor number.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• All my life I have only taken on one sperm donor, and I think he is a wonderful husband.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010