Is anyone else's toddler obsessed with something weird??

My 20 month old is absolutely obsessed with my elbows!!!!!! They are like his comfort in place of a blanky! When he is upset or sleepy or will sit on my lap and reach his arms around to find my elbows. Scratchs, pinches, rubs....he even does it when he is going to back to sleep in the middle of the night. If I don't let him do it then he gets irritated and mad. Is this something I should be worried about and does anyone have any ideas on how to get him to use a blanky??? I would really like to know if anyone else is going through the same sort of thing??

sunshine_baby86

Asked by sunshine_baby86 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol my 2yr old keeps trying to bite people's feet and i hate feet lol idk why she is doing this but ewww
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• atleast it is not your nipples. my daughters obbsession is my nipples. she is breastfeed.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 7:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My guy chews his nails, finger and toe. he's currently got 2 big toes with scabbed tips. I hope he learns from them...
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, Rylin is obsessed with tying EVERYTHING up lol. She finds string and ties her little people and strawberry shortcake dolls to the bed post, ties herself up, ties the strings on my hoody, ties me to the chair at restaurants whenever I have some sort of string on my pants or shirt....
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 7:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My son is obsessed with the vacuum. My floor has never been cleaner because he LOVES to watch and help me vacuum. We vacuum a small part of the house every day or else he will ask to do it over....and over...and over.... until I give in and vacuum. He will also play with it, take off the attachments, pull the cord out of the automatic cord holder, etc etc. He also likes brooms, mops, rakes, shovels, etc, playing with them or watching other people use them. He is friends with the lady at McDonalds who is always mopping when we go for breakfast on the weekend. He also likes to clean - he will take a rag and rub it on stuff and say "clean" over and over. We are hoping he never grows out of this phase.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my son (2) is obsessed with my hair. He is always touching it or playing with it or brushing it.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• omg, this is going to be my ds!!! when im changing him, or sitting with him he goes for my elbows. funny! dd likes her imaginery toys. she pretends she has princesses or candy....strange!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I only breastfed for 2 months but my son HAS to shove his hands down my shirt...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• OH and great realmama.. my son was SO obssessed with the vaccum also for a good 8-9 months.. we even bought him his own he pushed around. we HAD to vaccum about a minimum oof 10 times a day.. no lie~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My daughter is obsessed with my boobs. She will pull down my shirt and look at them and rub my bra. It's just weird! My husband says it's because she doesn't have them that they are sooo amazing to her. LOL
    DaciaLangford

Answer by DaciaLangford at 7:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010