Painting while pregnant...

So I wanted to paint my bathroom, I'm 25 weeks prego, so I called my doctors office and of course you talk to the nurse and she told me no...have your husband do it lol...she didnt really tell me why. I thought maybe wearing one of those masks you would be able to, bc the only thing I would be worried about is the inhalation. I'm not going to since she said no, but has anyone else ever painted while pregnant? Just curious...

ProudMommyOH3

Asked by ProudMommyOH3 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its just the fumes in the air. open the windows and dont reach above your head and you are fine.. i did it with both of my kids
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• if you didn't already buy the paint, you could get one with low voc's. we just painted our office and glidden has low voc, for a lower price than behr's "high voc"
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I painted my son's room (He's four years old now). I never thought to ask beforehand. After, I found out that you're not supposed to. I asked my mom what she thought of these restrictions, and she just said, "I painted, cleaned with bleach.... etc. And I guess we all turned out ok. LOL
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 7:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I've seen movies depicting pregnant women painting.
    I've know that nowadays there is so much products claiming to be safe but you'd never know.
    If it was really needed then plenty ventilation is a must.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 7:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The only restriction I was given about painting was not to climb on a ladder. So I used a chair. That was 8 years ago.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I painted when I was pregnant with my son. I was told to make sure that they room was well ventilated. Not to climb on things.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I did. My husband certainly wasn't going to do it and I wanted it done.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'd be afraid to be around the fumes, even with the windows open, and a mask probably wouldn't filter out fumes, they are more for particles unless you get a mask that says for fumes.

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thanks girls...I was just curious on what everyone thought about it :)
    ProudMommyOH3

Comment by ProudMommyOH3 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I did, we bought the no VOC paint (Olympic brand at Lowes is reasonably priced)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010