Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Molestation question adult content

My 5yo god daughter spent the night with me and when I was washing her hair I noticed her private area was very red. I asked her about it and she said she'd had an accident earlier that day. No biggie.
Then I asked her if anyone had ever touched her there besides to help clean her up and she told me that the little boy that lived next to her Nana had put her fingers in her. He's about 8.

Her nana moved about a month a go so it has at least been that long ago. I called her mom immediately.

Does it matter that its been so long?
If we call the police or CPS or whoever, what will happen?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (10)
  • That kid will get taken from his family and questioned and it is possible the family could get in trouble for not reporting it sooner. It all depends. Good job on reporting it! that is a horrible thing

    Answer by Claudiomom at 7:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • If you call they will at least go and investigate the situation. I hope that this never happens again to her. That poor child. The bigger question would be whether the other child has seen this or had other things done to him.

    Answer by coala at 7:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • They have to look into it. Unfortunetly they may not do anything if there is no evidence. Sadly I know this because my SO's niece was molested by her mothers boyfriend for years and at first they didn't have evidence so they did nothing. Then he confessed when they found out she had genital warts. Good luck!

    Answer by hornz102485 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • that is a bad thing that someone can do to a child but you are right for reporting it to the childs parent

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • you have to call. If he isn't stopped now he will keep doing it. Also as has already been pointed out there might be someone touching him too and that needs to be found out. They have to check it out so please call

    Answer by Amelora at 7:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • Wow! This is just my thought but if she's still really red maybe it hasn't stopped? If its been a month I wouldn't think she would still be so red

    Answer by ashleys2girls at 8:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • Yes its right to call.. They will investigate into, see if the boy did it, they may try to see if other kids hes around has been touched & they will ask the child if he had been touched or how did he learn about it and so on..
    It can go on file for future reference if nothing else :( or maybe the parents will be smart & get counceling for child!

    It is very hard to prove though! I know this through someone I know.. The dad may have touched the kids. and because it was only touching -- no penetrating anything -- the court could not prove anything and dropped the case.. So kids are back around their father :( .... The mother was molested as a child & yet she stays with the father .. makes me sick :(
    So pretty much they say you cannot trust a kids testimony & if "just touching & oral" cannot be proven what is that teaching the sickos of the earth!!!!!!!!

    Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • this happen to my son.obviously a little different, i waited about 2 weeks after "it" happen. i waited because it was my sons birthday and i didnt want to ruin his birthday party, I called an abuse hotline. because it was child on child it will be handle different. the hotline takes things into there own hands, they contact the police, if they feel the need they come to your house and take a statement from you. not to press charges just to doc what happen.and the officer will only talk to you about what you know. later that day a child investagator came to my house talked to me then talked to my son for about ten mins, they can force you to take ur kid to talk to someone but in my case they just offered it.. later on they contacted the boy who touched my son and made him seek help...

    Answer by SammiGirl07 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • BUT you NEED!!! to get a report filed at your police station, idk about where you live but im florida its the law!! if something happens to your child that is abusive, you must report it. lets say she tells a teacher or a doctor a year from now or ever a couple of months, that person by law has to report it and you will be investigated for child neglect .. so just call the hotline okay mama? if u have ANY questions just write me! :) of and just google abuse hotline for whatever state you in :)

    Answer by SammiGirl07 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

  • Talk to the police.. don't put things into the 5 year old head.. like "did he put his penis in you" she may not know the word penis yet.. and you just gave her an idea.. Just listen and be supportive.. don't scare her though.

    Answer by MKSers at 10:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.