Why do you guys ask us questions when clearly you should be asking your doctor?

Are you scared of the doctor? I really don't get it. Your health is at stake - why would you trust anonymous people on the internet when you can pick up the phone and get a professional opinion from someone who knows you and your situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• I've often wondered that myself
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree OP!! It's one thing to ask general health questions, it's another to post things like "Help, I'm 28 weeks pregnant and bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?!"

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Because they can.lol! Some just want to know what they are in store for when they do to the doctor. Not sure though. You'd have to ask the person that asks the question.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• maybe the people who asked want a second opinion maybe or just dont know how to ask the doctor even if they know the dr
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• maybe its after hours or the doc office is closed, or some people dnt trust docs, or its jus easier.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 7:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Why do you find it necessary to attack strangers and hide behind the anonymous button?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 1. Sometimes its good to hear others stories and that your not the only one!!
    2. It does give them points now ;)
    3. Maybe they plan on calling when the kids are taking a nap, but for now us over the internet cant hear the screams of kiddos playing. Just her message..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Oh and your dr. does not always give the best advice!!!
    Quick Example: So many times ive read that nurses/dr. have said to quit breastfeeding for the tiniest things... STUPID STUPID!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sometimes a peer can explain way better than a doctor. Sometimes you need someone to tell you its ok. Sometimes they need reassurance. Sometimes you need to know your not the only one who has went through things. I usually ask questions on here while en route to the er. CM moms can be very helpful at times. Btw @rkoloms good one.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Doctors can be so intimiating you know the kind where your'e sitting across from them your chair lower than theirs just to give them thast extra authoritiveness over you, so your there with bub and you ask your question eg "Doctor why is my son not walking yet" and he (yes HE) will give you a smirk and then a look and ask "is this your first baby?" and my reply was "yes" what does that mean " and he's like "well all first time moms worry and over analyise things concerning their baby " I could of thrown my babies rattle at him . There is no better and reliable information than mom and dads themselves from the dark ages fast forward to now us moms and dads have relied on our ancstors, family and friends for help and information about anything and everything...I know that I can always rely and trust my family and friends and now with Cafemoms on any issue/s I have regarding my child
    MommyBear335

Answer by MommyBear335 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010