Postpartum PTSD

Did you suffer/are you suffering from PTSD following childbirth? Do you know someone else who did?

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 7:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did with my first child pretty badly....i cried my eyes out the first night because they gave me the option of keeping the baby in the nursery to let me relax....i didtn know what the right thing to do was so let the nurses have thier way......i felt like i was a horrible parent already and shouldnt have her...it came on that quickly....then as she got a few months older i had a hard time dealing with her not sleeping through the night and had a nightmare that i threw her against a wall....it scared me so badly that i talked to my dr about it....they said it was PTSD and quite normal and i wasnt strange or anything to be having those feelings...they put me on medication called welbutrin and that helped ALOT....for me it lasted till she was almost a year old wich they also said can be normal....but i have two kids now, my first is now twelve and my other is seven and they are doing great.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010