It's easy to start a group.
1. Click on 'Groups' tab.
2. On the next page, scroll down and click the 'Create a Group' button located in the middle of the page.
3. Choose the category that best describes your group: Personal, Common Ground, or Local.
4. Enter your group name.
5. Upload your group's picture (optional).
6. Describe your group in the Short and Long Description boxes.
7. Add tags (keywords) for your group.
8. Enter a URL for your group's homepage.
9. Click 'Next'.
10. The next page will allow you to edit your privacy settings.
11. Once you are done choosing your privacy settings, click 'Continue'.
Congratulations! You have created your own group.
at 7:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010