What can you do?

My family and I went on vacation we were gone for 1 week and 3 days. My dd had a cat who was an inside cat rarely went outside well when we camr back the cat was found dead in our front yard. The cat must have snuck outside while we were trying to get ready for our trip. My dd is so upset. I just hate that this happened to the cat she could have died of heatstroke, no food, no water IDK!!! This was sooo uncalled for :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pets

• I am a little confused...if she was an indoor cat, was someone supposed to be caring for her while you were gone for 10 days? Shouldn't they have contacted you?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not trying to be mean, but 1. Why didn't you double check to make sure the cat was inside before you left, and 2. Didn't you have someone come by to check on the cat while you were gone?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am very sorry about your cat. :(

Answer by Bmat at 7:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree, wasn't someone supposed to be checking on the cat while you were gone? You should never just leave an animal for that long
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am sorry for the loss of your cat- especially, for your daughter- Didn't you have someone coming to take care of him while you were away? There is not much you can do now, except just be there for your daughter........
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I, too, am wondering if you were planning to leave your cat inside, by it's self for 10 days with noone to check on it? You can't do anything now... except comfort your daughter.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm sorry for the loss of your cat. But I'm wondering the same thing, you didn't have anyone come to check on the cat at all and you were gone a week?? We go anywhere for a couple days and someone stops in and checks on the dogs and cats. If I didn't know they were well taken care of I would just be stressed out on vacation.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I am also wondering why the person that was coming to care for the cat did not alert you that the cat was gone from the house?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Sorry about your loss, things happen( to the people above.)
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2010