trying to save the drama?

When you had your second child did you bring your older child in first to meet the baby or did the whole family come together?? any suggestions?? please help! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had hubby bring our son to meet his sister. It is alot for a kid to take in and having a bunch of other people there is not the best idea. Make it a special time for him to meet the new baby just the 4 of you. That way he does not have to fight to hold her or see her or anything.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't remember if he, or my parents, was first but I do remember that DH brought our son in by himself. So, it was just the 3 of us and the new baby for that visit. Very special! Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• the whole family did because i was in bed and couldnt exactly hop up and run after my 5yo at the time if she was in there herself with no one else.....lol it was safer for my newborn at the time to have someone with my oldest to show her the baby.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When I had my daughter back in February, I made it very clear that my son would be the first person to meet her. I had a planned c-section, and DS was staying with my MIL. We told MIL we would call when we were ready for visitors. She and her husband brought DS to the hospital. They called DH when they arrived, and DH went downstairs and brought DS up while my MIL and her husband waited in the lobby. He's only 3 so his attention span didn't last very long. LOL After about 20 minutes, DH called MIL and told her to come on up. After that first day, whenever they visited us, they all came up together and it was a little hectic having everyone in my room and poor DS couldn't understand why mommy had to stay in bed. I think it scared him, and he was so excited the last day when he came & I was out of bed. hehe My parents also tried to arrange their visits when DS & MIL weren't there so he didn't get overwhelmed.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• whole fam. we are close
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We had our daughter come in with my husband to meet our second child alone. She held him and spent some time and then went out and announced to the rest of our family, who waited patiently in the waiting room, what we had! We did the same when our third was born and the kids loved it. That time is so important and I am glad we did it that way.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010