Sleep

My SO works mon-fri 4pm-1am. We have 2 kids and i am currently 25months pg. Our kids get up at 7:30 every morning and go to bed at 9pm. I can't go to sleep until he gets home i am a big scaredy cat i guess. He sleeps til 10-12 everyday. Then gets up and starts doing what he has to do to leave for work. Shower, feed animals, make lunch when i haven't made it. I get maybe 4 hours of sleep a night our youngest is 9 months and still wakes up for bottles. On weekends we are to busy for either of us to get any sleep. What do i do? Should i tell him to get up and let me sleep in sometime or leave it alone. My oldest doesn't take naps so i cant take one when they do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• thats 25 wks i was think 5 months sorry.
    Anonymous

• lol, when I read 25 weeks pg, I knew you needed some sleep. Well, my SO lets me sleep in on Saturdays and he gets to sleep in on Sunday.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean about being a scaredy cat and not wanting to sleep when he is not home...I HAVE done the same thing in the past....but after a while....you become use to it......I find that leaving a light on or even the tv help me to feel more secure....(not sure why) but you need your sleep, for that growing baby! I have even gotten so use to the tv and light being on that I need it to fall asleep ALL the time :) And I might ask my dh to let me sneak in a cat nap.....he should agree b/c you have a little one and are preggers too!!!!! I hope!!!!! :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Could you get a friend or relative to spend the night when he is working? I understand not being able to sleep when there is no other adult in the house but you need to get your rest for all those kiddos.
    Anonymous

• No there isn't . My sisters have kids that are school age. And my friends have families too. My best friend has come over twice when i have really needed her for something but its not something that can be a habbit.
    Anonymous

• My DH works the same hours starting this week, up until now at was till 3am so he wouldn't be in bed till like 4am and then sleep till 10-11 now with him getting home earlier hes planning on getting up around 9 and even earlier because i took on some extra shifts for work i do private duty home care and have to be there at 9:30 so he will be getting up with the kids (2 & 1) so hopefully it all works out oh yeah I'm also 35 weeks along and totally know what you mean about not being able to sleep so hopefully these hours will be better for me too. so I'm not wide awake at 3:30 in the morning. Hmm i guess i didn't give much advice i think I'm just crossing my fingers it all works out.
    Dreamer7731

Answer by Dreamer7731 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008