Have u ever felt like this about an ex?

My husband told me on April 1st of this yr that he didnt wanna be with me anymore. He says he didn't cheat but not long after the kids and I moved out of state he was living with another woman but that really dont have much to do with what I am asking. I am really mad at him at this point and I am already with someone new and there is no chance of him and I ever getting back together but when I went through some pics and saw some old wedding pics I started to cry because I still care for him even though I am already with someone else. Have u ever felt this way after a man left u, I mean him and I were together a lil over 6 yrs. I just wish I could fully get over him, its not that I want him back, I am just tired of feeling like I wanna cry when I happen to c a pic and when the kids ask about him it makes it even harder becuz he really don't care becuz he hardly ever calls.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• its probably not that you miss him but you miss the idea of him. i am the same way! with my ex we have been apart for almost 4 years! and every now and then i have a litttle break down lol... im with a really great guy now for 3 years.. but sometimes i wish he was my 1st husband.. and the father of my son.. and then i get mad that things didnt just work out the first time and i get all sad and cry face and miss the good times me had! so annoying lol but things are better off without him!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 8:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• of course it is normal to feel like that. You loved him for 6 years. There were good times that you miss, you probably also miss the person he was when you fell in love with him.
    Fully over him doesn't mean hating him and never wanting to see him again, it means coming to terms with what happened and being ok with it. Not saying it was right but know that you can't change the past.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 7:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's going to be really hard and take a long time, you have kids together and were together a long time... Just give it time hun.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i dnt kno wat person wldnt feel this way, nless thier ex did some really really bad things to them. its completely normal. i felt the same bout my ex.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 7:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No I haven't. My ex's are pretty embarrassing and am totally over them.

The best thing to do is just let yourself feel....the more you embrace those emotions and go through them the sooner you will get over him.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Those are memories of a happy time. Of somebody you loved. It's absolutely normal to feel that way. You be weird if you didn't have some type of emotion over that. Time will make it easier.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes its going to take a long time to get over it because you two were together for a long time.
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 7:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Its only been 4 months hun...it takes longer to get over a man you loved and have had children with than that. You need to give yourself the time to grieve.Divorce is a loss. You need to go through the stages of healing. It took me 3 years to get over my ex husband ..and he was a total piece of crap! But I loved that piece of crap,lol.
    Allow yourself to feel the hurt, let yourself cry.Its okay..there is no shame in it.
    I really hope you get through this soon and I send all my best to you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank you all for your answers. I am trying to give myself time to grieve but sometimes I also just want to forget. I know I do still love the man he was in the beginning and over time it had changed & it got really bad in the past yr because I had the feeling he was cheating but when I confronted him he said he wasn't and I let it slide but then when I came back a few of my friends said they had seen him with another woman. Although I knew that I still tried to work things out and in the end he didn't want to and now I have a wonderful man and he has been a friend of mine since I was 9 and I am almost 24 now. But I have to go and thanks for all of your words everyone.
    mama2005

Comment by mama2005 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would agree with sammi. I think that you miss the idea of him. You miss his comfort and just knowing he was there. Just give it some time sweetie. Praying for you.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010