how to boost my metabolism?

How can i boost my metabolism? I am trying to loose weight & i already have cut back a lot with no results (i do exercise 3 times a week too) what can i do?

Asked by doublelove212 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• i have been reading up on this all over the internet. I read that green tea and vitiman B boosts metabolism.

Answer by JenKT at 10:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• If you find the answer to this one will you please let me know? I hear certain foods do it.

Answer by tburnett1105 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Drinking water helps. Eat smaller meals more often

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Well, I've had this problem too...I am actually getting tested for my thyroid this week. I have all the signs that point to this. It's not a solution, just a tip.

Answer by nickiearmywife at 11:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Hey there . I too gained weight. I was always little. Then gained weight. Could not belive it was my habits and was in and out of the docs for thyroid and being told it was not over and over again. It is HARD to loose weight . It is not easy. I think that is why alot of us think it is our thyroid and other things. I have been on Weight Watchers now for 2 months and have lost 13 lbs. That is about 2 lbs a week . U have got to be patient and deligent

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• it could also be polycystic ovarian syndrome. there are, of course, other symptoms, but i have it and no matter what i do, no matter hwo much i do or don't eat, or exercise, i lose nothing. its hormonal.

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• eat 4 to 6 small meals a day nothing after 6 o clock and drink a lot of distilled water

Answer by Patience1 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Walking for at least 30 min. a day will boost your metabolism. Also, doing 30 min. of weight training a week will help too. You can even break your 30 min. of weight training into 3 days of 10 min. Don't deprive yourself of any food, because that will actually lower your metabolism. You need to make sure you get a lot of anti-oxidants too. They are an anti-iflammatory. They will make your system work better and help you lose weight.

Answer by noellesmama at 12:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• green tea isn't as good for you as everyone thinks. i got this book last year:

click on the picture of the book at the top, then on the lower left, click Exerpts. this book is great, go read it!
    as for your metabolism, unfortunately, everyone is different. i've always had low metabolism and no matter what i did, nothing has worked. but eating nutritious foods is obviously the best thing to do. i'm very jealous of people that have the drive to work out 3x's a week. i work graveyard and am exhausted constantly!! so congratulations to you on that!! :) good luck, hun!

Answer by TabbysMama at 2:31 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I agree - try some weight training. You'll burn more at rest if you incorporate it into your routine. Good luck!

Answer by swrockhead at 10:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2008