Dental Bridge

I got a permanent(fixed) bridge last week.It feels kinda weird.My back gums are a little swollen.I am scared to chew on that side.I swear when i rub on the outside it feels like its pushing it.I have anxiety so I freak out about anything and everything.How long until you get used to it?? Do they last long?Is it normal for it to feel weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• It is not a part of your normal dental anatomy, so it will feel unusual for a while. If it is causing excessive pain, see your dentist to make sure it was applied correctly.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have one on my back molars that was put on last year. I had pain and swelling from the temporary one and when I got my permanent bridge, it took a couple weeks for the swelling to go down and my bite to adjust. However, you should call your dentist just to make sure you are okay.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010