Door knob guards

Does anyone know if they make child proof things for door knob like the one on walk in closets? My dd keeps taking EVERYTHING out of the closet and the knobs are about a foo (maybe a little more) apart so I cant just use the regular ones and I have not found any that work. Also we can't do major modifications because we are in an apartment. Has anyone ever seen anything that might help?

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had friends that used a neck tie.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have ones that go around the knob and you have to push in both sides to get it open, maybe those will work for you
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 8:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My dd did this in our apartment. I used the kinds that you have to squeeze both sides. i got a whole saftey kit at Babies R Us for like $20. At my aunts house we used zip ties... they worked you just have to cut them everytime you need to get in there but i know you can get a giant bag of big ones at a hardware store. we just zip tied the handles together and when she would try to open it, it would only open so far( too small for her to squeeze through.
    live2learn

Answer by live2learn at 8:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010