Is the president the worst ever? Here is what someone said today

Is President Obama the "worst president in history"? That's what the son of former Vice President Dan Quayle claims in a new TV ad aimed at boosting his congressional bid in Arizona.Ben Quayle, running for the GOP nomination in the state's ...3rd Congressional District, speaks directly to the camera in the spot, which began airing in the Phoenix area Wednesday. "Barack Obama is the worst president in history," Quayle says in the ad's opening seconds. Because of Obama, the 33-year-old says, "my generation will inherit a weakened country."Citing "drug cartels in Mexico" and "tax cartels in D.C.," Quayle asks, "What's happened to America?" He goes on to ask voters to send him to Congress. "I love Arizona. I was raised right," he says. "Somebody has to go to Washington and knock the hell out of the place."

I am not saying I agree or disagree. Just wanted others opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People are too busy blaming the economic situation on 1 man and his Admin. He's not Merlin. Sometimes when you make lousy personal choices, You will experience lousy personal outcomes.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sounds like he's a politician who's campaigning in order to get elected; using the hot button issues opportunistically. Perhaps, he learned by watching the best. If elected, I hope he proves to be smarter than his father.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I guess it all depends on who you ask. Personally, I'm not impressed with him. He hasn't even completed his second year in office. He still has two more to go, so who knows what will happen? That said, considering what he has done so far while in office I am not exactly hopeful for the rest of his term.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• no...and him saying that shows real ignorance of our country's history. first, its not accurate to call someone the worst president ever until at least one term is completed. second, it usually takes at least 5-10 years to fully see the scope of a President's time in office. and third, while Obama is not the greatest president he is far from The Worst as there are 6 Presidents off the top of my head that come off as way worse (Buchanan, Fillmore, Nixon, Hoover, Grant, Harding) and if you want me to tell you why i will, but i'll save my boring history for someone who's actually interested.

its SO obvious little Quayle is pandering and playing his constituents by saying this...whats even sadder is they (as most Americans) are probably to ignorant of our own history to know he's wrong.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• OK, my brain must be on vacation or something...Drug cartels in Mexico...how is that Obama's fault, Mexico is a whole other country and while they are on our border, their drug problems are theirs to solve. Admittedly, they don't seem to be very successful at dealing with it, but it's not up to us to cross their border and solve it for them. Tax cartels in D.C. ..I like that. The fact is though that they have always been "tax cartels in D.C.", and always will be. Taxes are one of those things that go along with government. We all want lower taxes.But what are we willing to give up in exchange? Police? Fireman? Schools? One thing can be said about Ben Quayle, he's a politician, apparently very adept at using language to get people upset and thinking he'll get rid of all this nasty stuff for them without actually promising anything, therefore he'll have little to answer for when he isn't able or doesn't try to change anything
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think GW Bush was the worst president ever...what a loooooong 8 years we had. So glad he's gone!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You don't have to live through history---you just need to read about politicians and political history from different viewpoints and decide for yourself.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Well, his dad was the biggest joke of a VP in history.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, in my eyes, and as a military spouce, I do think he is not a very good president. Only what, 2 more years to elections again?
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• How old is he..12? I think 8 years of Bush takes that honor...
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010