how many people have experienced phantom kicks?

Where it really feels like a kick form a baby inside of you but you arent pregnant or dont think u are? what could this be?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've gotten them but if it was gas wouldn't you have felt it before you ever had kids :) I just figured it was muscle spasms from my body getting back the way it is supposed to be.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have, it started after my 2nd was born, and now even 16 months later, it is still happening.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I get them still and my son is three. I figure it might be gas.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I had phantom kicks after I had my daughter until very recently (she's almost 2). The only thing I can figure is that it's gas and your body has gotten so used to feeling the baby kick that you think that's what you're feeling.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It could possibly be your bowels passing through your intestines, or gas, or even muscle twitches....
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I thought they were just muscle twitches as your uterus was returning to it's pre-pregnancy state.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i hear that! dr's look at you like you're nuts but if this many people get it it must not be made up
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't knwo what they are but they are freaky. I still get them and my youngest is 18 months, i think its probably muscle spasms because its a quick, half second yet strong feeling. Don't think gas would cause that. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have never heard of that till right now. Very interesting though,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have had it, Do they actually call it phantom kicks, or are you just being creative? Yeah, i get them all the time. I got them more a while back after i gave birth for years. But, not as much as i used to. Weird huh?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010