Lead poisoning

I just found out that my son most likely has lead poisoning. He has already had two tests done and he is going in for a third. the first test came back the same showing that he has high levels of lead in his blood. So I was wondering if there are any mom's out there who have children who have gone through same thing could give me advice or any information.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• do you know how he got it ? I have a friend who's son had lead poisoning
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i'm so sorry!
    have you looked into chelation?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I just moved so my doctor wants to have the apartment we were living in tested. He wants to have the paint and the water tested to see if that is were the lead came from. I was told about the treatment Chelation but my doctor told me that it can be risky doing that with a child of my sons age seeing that he is two. But that is an option.
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i will give you a bump, i hope you get more information, and support : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Its usually environmental. Can be old toys too. Make sure he's not playing with anything at the grandparents house that is questionalbe
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Lead poisoning is serious business especially when it concerns children. I am a co-author of a book, "Lead Babies, How heavy metals are causing our children's autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, low IQ and behavior problems." For more information about lead and how to prevent exposure start with my website www.enoughlead.com. Among other useful information, there you will be able to complete a free Lead Risk Survey and download a set of Lead Inventory Worksheets. You might also want to visit "The Lead Ladies" blog where you will find answers to questions related to lead exposure prevention. Hope this helps. Please, let me know, if you have any further questions. All the best for your son. Kindest Regards, Joanna Cerazy
    LeadBabies

Answer by LeadBabies at 11:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2010