Moms who got pregnant immediately after giving birth..

I will be carrying a surrogate pregnancy, I however already am looking forward to adding Baby #2 to my own family..
For the moms who have gone to their 6w checkup pregnant or closely following.. Did doctors worry that back to back pregnancy would lead to pre term labor.
I know some doctors tell you that their should be 18m between pregnancys..

did most you make it to 36w+ when having back to back pregnancies...

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My oldest son was born in the mid-36 week, my second son is 12 months younger, exactly to the day, and was born in the mid-34 weeks, my youngest who is about 13 months younger than my second was born in the mid-36 weeks. Since all my children have been born on the earlier side it's hard to say that is was because of my pregnancies being close, it seems more likely that I am one of the women with a shorter gestation period.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• In all seriousness hon,what's your hurry?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I almost didn't answer this question because it's not what you want to hear. My daughter was 8 weeks old when I got pregnant. Because of complications we actually waited to 6 weeks so I figure it was the first time we had sex. I was due 11 months after she was born. However, I did not carry the baby and the doctor thought it was because I got pregnant to soon. I did have really hard time and there was severe blood loss so I'm sure if you decide to have another one quickly you will be fine.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My middle son is 13 months younger than my oldest and he was a week early because he was induced. But my doctor did make a comment about how hard it is on your body to be pregnant again right away. If you have a choice I wouldn't do it, your body will still be trying to heal from the first pregnancy.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The hurry is that my son is already a yr old- & by the time the surrogate baby is born & i wait 8w to try again he will be 2+. If I was lucky enough to get pregnant on the first try there would still be almost 3 yrs between my son & his sibling.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My boys are 16months apart. From what I've been told, it takes the body 5 years to heal after child birth.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have two boys they are 10 months two weeks apart. It was by complete suprise and the doctors didn't even know I was pregnant after running blood test. I went home and took my own test. I will say if you get pregnant so close it will hurt cause your body already knows what is going on and your uterus just went down and it would be stretching back.... I am not going to tell you what to do its your life and if you want to expand your family by all means due as you miss. Just know that there are some risk ( my son was born at 37 weeks ) its consider full term but my son heart stopped and he spent time in the NICU...
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a cousin that has 3 boys and they all are 11 months apart. She and the babies did well and they all made it to 38+ weeks.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• DO NOT DO A SURROGACY PREGNANCY IF YOU PLAN ON HAVING MORE CHILDREN OF YOUR OWN!!!!

With each pregnancy, there are certain risks. If something were to happen during your surrogacy pregnancy and you can't have anymore children, what will you do then? That's why many reputable clinics/couples do not want you to be their surrogate if you want to have more kids of your own. Your family should be complete before being a surrogate.

Also, you know better than getting pregnant right after having a baby. Doctors say wait 18+ months for a reason.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Keisha--- If for some reason I cannot complete my own family- then Ill find other ways to do, just as the family who will be receiving the surrogate baby has come to do..
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010