How do you picture your funeral? Is it important for you to have people mourn your death?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 8:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• on a roll huh? I would like to have a huge party, like a fun party for my funeral. I would not want anyone mourning my death. I would like for them to get together & celebrate the life i lived & the life i gave this world.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, I want to know that I mattered to people. I want a party type funreal with fun songs no gospel songs for me I want my favorite songs like ones from Styx my favorite band. I want kids and people to talk about me like I mattered
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Geez, what a deep question sister. You are thinking deep thoughts today. Idk,,,I want to be cremated for the simple fact that I want that money to go towards life. My kids lives and however I can help them. I dont want anyone stuck with a huge bill for my death, its not really worth it to me to be intumed somewhere, or have a big open casket funeral. Im not there,,,,,Plus, I really dont want an open casket thing, just dont want people to remember me like that.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• WOW! You're not depressed are you? I told my children to handle it any way they want, I don't care. I think I would like a party though because I will be sliding into my grave with a bruised, battered body because my life has been one hell of a ride.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's not important to me for people to mourn my death, but I know it would be important to my loved ones to have a way to mourn and have closure. I don't really care what my funeral is like or if there even is one. It would be for them to mourn and remember or whatever, not for me, so whatever my loved ones want is fine with me.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I've left it up to those who are still alive. Though I am sure it will be hard I want them to celebrate. I'm going home to God :) if my dh goes before me I am having him cremated and put on the mantle so his body will in a sense still be close to me. Which means I will have to build a mantle :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No Corrina.. LOL I am not depressed... LOL... I think that people should mourn it helps with closure. I just dont want their mourning to be debilitating.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• However I am not planning on dying. I will be changed in a twinkling of an eye and just get caught up...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i hope everyone laughs and has a decent time. i'm not big on mourning but i hope they aren't happy that i'm gone or anything. i don't want anything fancy, i know funerals are for the living so i hope they enjoy what they get out of the experience.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't want a funeral... I don't believe in embalming, and the ONLY way around that (in my state) is to be cremated immediately... So, no funeral for me...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010