is this true Cafe mothers?

im 38 weeks pregnant. im already 2 cm dialated. i want to know just by having orgasms would my cervix open up even more? im curious. please let me know, thanks!

demelina12

Asked by demelina12 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All I can tell you is that im due in 4 days, Ive been 2 cm for the last week and Ive had sex daily for the last couple weeks..... and still no labor yet

but its worth a try!
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• didnt work for me, but sure was fun trying!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Couldn't hurt! Get some in,you'll have 6 weeks off coming up!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• there are different theories out there about whether sex will make you go into labor... some people swear by it others say it doesn't work
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Having orgasms may make you have contractions. Actual semen in the vagina can also cause contractions..something thats in it is like the same stuff the try to induce you with at the hospital, I forget what its called though,lol.
    Good Luck!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Prostaglandin is one element in semen that can encourage labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure but i'd try to squeeze in as many orgasms as I can. 6 weeks is a lot.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ONLY if you're body is presently working on labor, ANYway.

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If your body is going to go into labor naturally then sex/orgasm could help the process get started. But in my experience it wont make labor happen, it will just give it a little jump start once its already began! Labor has a mind of its own. You just gotta let it happen when it wants to. I tried everything to make myself go into labor. Except castor oil, that scared me... but i tried pineapple, spicy food, walking, Raspberry tea, sex, you name it! Nothing worked!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 9:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010