Placenta Previa

So i went to the doctor today and they said my placenta was really really low. I had the ultrasound done on sept 4th and they are just telling me this now 2 appointments later. The doctor told me absolutly no sex and stay off my feet. Shouldnt they have told me the precautions sooner? should i be upset with them? I have done everything they've told me not to do.

Also, anyone have placenta previa? what are the do's and donts?

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 6:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont know what it is but i dont think you should be upset maybe they thought your placenta would rise on its own ive heard of that happening to alot of people .. im sorry your going threw it tho ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Ya they were probably waiting to see if it moved as the baby grew.
    Anonymous

• Placenta Previa is where your placenta is over your cervix (the opening into your uterus.) if you have sex it can detach, and can cause a miscarriage. The placenta does move, so it is possible that you placenta was not there when the did the initial check. I am sorry, a friend of mine also had this and her only issue was the fact that she was not allowed to sleep with her hubby.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Also, because the placenta can move, it is possible that it will move away from the cervix eventually, and you will no longer have to refrain from sex, and can move around more.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My best friend had placenta previa and she didnt follow the rules and stay down- mostly because she has 2 other kiddos and her husband is out of town a ton- but her placenta tore... and she was taken to the ER by ambulance... BE CAREFUL!!!
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008