can you tell the other parent how to parent

how do you tell the other parent how to parent, and actually get him to listen. i recently found out some information about "daddy's house" when my son went for his 2 week summer trip. it consisted of somebody else watching my son while daddy was sleeping the whole time. and letting my son eat like a grown man it's. these are a couple things that bother me, how do i tell my son's dad this isn't ok?

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have a chat about the way the 2 of you feel you want your son raised and what some of the ground rules shd be. Exp. your a little worried when he's left w/him sleeping, it's suppose to be his bonding time. Good luck with it, he's his Dad and might just not listen.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• YOu can tell him you don't like it, But it is his son too and you guys aren't together so he will raise him how he wants when he is with him
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's his child too and he can tell you it's NOYB. Unless it's bad enough that you are positive CPS should be involved there may be nothing you can do. He can let anyone he wants to let watch "his" child.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Take him to court!!
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 9:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Do you know for sure that your child's version of events is accurate? I wouldn't accuse ANYONE without knowing all the FACTS...just my opinion...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Since you are not together unless there is some sort of abuse or neglect there isn't much you can do legally. You can sit down with him and try to discuss things, but that could backfire if you do not have a good relationship.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010