When did you go into labor?

When did you start to go into labor with your first kid?

mommie_to_be08

Asked by mommie_to_be08 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went to my weekly ob/gyn appointment 4 days before my due date. He checked me & decided to induce me a week later. I went home & started having contractions that night. I went to the hospital super-early (5am-ish) the next morning, and had my son that afternoon. I think that the doctor checking to see how dilated/effaced I was actually helped induce my labor. Or either my son didn't like somebody else picking when his birthday would be... lol
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 6:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• 34 wks. my water broke. he was born 3 days later by c-sec.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I was induced twice I couldn't wait around. lol. lots of pain. :( Thank God for epidural.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Basically right on my due date. I was one of the girls who didn't know she was in labor. I guess it started around 3pm, and then I had the baby at 3am. 12 hour labor.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• 1 week before my due date. 6 a.m. my water broke. 17 hrs from start to finish. But only had 3 hrs hard labor and about 30 minutes of pushing.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I went into labor 2 weeks before my due date. I had been in labor for 12 hours before I went to the hospital. I wound up having another 14 hours of labor before my son was born at 10 am. I only had about 10 min of pushing though, about 3 pushes. My doctor was actually surprised how well it went and said that I was made for childbirth!!
    jvfierro

Answer by jvfierro at 7:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My water started leaking 2 wks early and i had my daughter that day. (thank god! I kept hearing that the 1st always comes 2 wks late!)
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• 38 weeks, induction. I had pre eclampsia w/ twins. It took 2 days to have them-they weren't ready!
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i had an induction with my first at 37 weeks and with my second i went nearly 42 weeks.
    every woman is different, though.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i had a scheduled csection, when i went to my last dr appt. he checked me, and said that my son hadnt even dropped and wouldnt because he was to big. So i was given my csection the next day. If I had gone into labor, it would have been done as soon as i arrived..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2008