I'm trying to have a VBAC. Do any moms have words of wisdom for a successful VBAC?

I gave birth to my son in March 2008. I'm currently due 10/2/10 with a little girl. It's been my dream to have a vaginal birth. With my son, i didn't dilate and had bad pre eclampsia so after many hours of no progression, he was born via c section. Not the way I wanted to go but I was glad he was healthy. Well with this pregnancy I really am trying for a VBAC. My doctor so far says everything looks good for me to have one. Is there anything you can recommend that will help with having a VBAC? Thank you in advance. :)

Quintonsma31708

Asked by Quintonsma31708 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Make sure of hospital policies. Hire a doula. Take childbirth classes. Plan to not have an epidural so you can move in labor and squat. Your pregnancies are (relatively) close together and that is a risk factor against VBAC.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Make sure you have a good OB/GYN because if you start bleeding out, it will be hard to stop. My friend had a VBAC and her uterus burst while she delivered. She is lucky to be alive. Her pregnancies were about the same amount of time as yours. Talk to the OB/GYN about the pros and cons. I would always go with the SAFEST option for me and the baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Hi :)
    I have not YET experienced a VBAC...but I'm trying for it too. I had my 1st vaginally, my 2nd was a c-section and now with my 3rd, I'm hoping for a VBAC. I had my last baby in Febuary 2009...and I'm worried about it too. My doctor has assured me that I can have a successful vaginal delivery.I was so scared that like my uterus is going to rupture where the incision was made or something like that.
    I actually keep going back and forth in my mind if I should have this one c-section too or go through with the VBAC. But i've got a pretty good support sysytm going on here for the VBAC...so everytime i start to get scacred about it, I am reassured,lol. I am a big baby,lol. I'm 35 weeks today...5 more weeks to go!
    GOOD LUCK with your VBAC...hang in there...read up on it all that you can and try to keep calm. Take a lamaze class with hubby if at all possible, the calming and focusing techniques they teach you really do help
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010