The Gathering

My husband and some of his friends went to this four day long concert thing.. He is about 5 hours away. He's been gone since Monday and won't be home til Monday.. I can't get him off my mind. I want him home so bad. He has no cellular service where he is. So I have no way to really talk to him and I hate it. What I want to know is.. I don't know if its cause of something weird or if I'm the only one out there that is like this.. I have a hard time going to sleep in our bed when he is gone like this.. We have no TV in our room so we just have each other.. I've been sleeping on the couch since Monday night simply for that reason.. Is that weird or are there other people like this?

ajc-08

Asked by ajc-08 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• You just aren't used to going to bed without him. When he gets home, show him how much you missed him.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Or, you could write him a letter.

Or, you could enjoy how much you clearly adore him.

Or, you could take up knitting.

Interesting... this is considered to be a pretty ordinary experience, but people think small children can and 'should' know that parents are 'there' and 'coming back' ...hmmm. Weird.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Are you talking about the Juggalo Gathering?
    MunchkinsNanny

Answer by MunchkinsNanny at 9:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm the same way. When my husband goes to work at night, I am up all night..even if I had a long day. He's my little security. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 9:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm just like you. When my husband works a lot of O/T he can be gone all night. I can't sleep at all or I make my 6 yr old cuddle with me. It's really hard being apart like that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes the Juggalo Gathering. He is talking about taking me next year cause he doesn't like being away from me like this. Glad to know I'm not the only one like this.
    ajc-08

Comment by ajc-08 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yea the gathering is usually out in the middle of no where, but do they camp out or stay at a hotel? You knew where he is and vaguely what hes doing. Are you worried about him being unfaithful or just getting hurt? When I miss my SO I grab a shirt or something that smells like him and smell it until i go to sleep.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• They camp out. So he's in the heat and weather. I'm not worried about him not being faithful. If I were worried about that he wouldn't have gone in the first place. I just really miss him is all. Just three more days til he gets home.
    ajc-08

Comment by ajc-08 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010