Why do a lot of people think...

...that it's ok for the dad to leave and join the military but not okay for the mom to leave? Isn't that just a little bit sexist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I dont know that it is so much sexist as it is ignorant and naive. My brother is in the military and there are a lot of mom's that are military and the dad's aren't. Just remember if you have any thoughts in life chances are you arent the only person on earth that has had the same thought
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well, firstly I don't think it's okay for a dad to leave his family. I think it's selfish. Secondly I think that as far as children are concerned mothers are more important... You have a bond with your children before you ever lay eyes on them and they you... They don't have that strong of a bond with dad... So if one has to leave for what ever reason I think it's best to be the father.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008