I think i have Postpartum Depression,even though my baby is 9mts old;iam crying for no reason,tired and just feb up with everything

am crying all the time,tired and just no life in me am going crazy here

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• maybe u need a weekend to your self

• Tom Cruise's idiotic ravings aside, you need drug therapy before you do something terrible to yourself or your baby.

Answer by witchqueen at 10:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my baby was one year old,I dont think there's a time limit on postpartum, its real,thoughts of suicide,harming the baby, it's a very dangerous time of life, please seek medical help asap

Answer by mrssss at 10:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• PPD can hit anytime in the first year. After that, they just call it regular old depression - which can hit anyone, anytime.

I've been there! You deserve to feel better, to have the energy to do things, the desire to do things - for both you and your baby.

Contact a family therapist in your area. I'd suggest finding a female if you can. You may need medication for a while. That's fine. It won't be forever and it will help you get over this. Please make it the one thing you do tomorrow.

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My babe is 13 months and I suffer from it still. See your doctor. They will probably suggest you seeing a therapist and will put you on something. I am on Zoloft right now, in fact, she just upped my dose. It is a serious your doctor.

Answer by sjomom at 11:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• try finding a bitch buddy. you bitch to her, she bitches to you. works wonders because someone is hearing you adn validating how you feel. plus there is the chance of making each other laugh. this saved my sanity after i had my son.

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• it sounds like it to me, so u should go to the drs and get some help. also, try to get out of the house, i know that if im stuck inside with the kids 24//7 then i start to get depressed.

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• PPD is related to hormonal imbalance - during pregnancy, the body produces high levels of progesterone - right before delivery, it drops drastically. For some women, the estrogen/progesterone monthly cycle doesn't always come back into balance. A couple things can be very helpful, in addition to seeking medical advice promptly. Use only natural progesterone - Dr. John Lee's book on What Your Doctor May Not Tell you about Pre-Menopause pretty much covers it.
    Another approach is using a whole foods mitonutrient that is bioavailable to the cell's mitochondria. Every cell in the body receives nutrition which helps more than just hormone imbalance and depression. Be aware that prescriptions generally fix symptoms, not the cause. Many who get started on them, end up with side effects, requiring add'l prescriptions.

Answer by awahmplanet at 6:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008