What kinds of chores does your toddler have?

My 2 year old daughter puts her dirty clothes in the hamper, helps put away her toys, and puts the trash by the front door (grocery store size bags). She also replaces the plastic bags in the trash receptacles.

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 9:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have two year old twins. They are actually both more of a help then my 12 year old. I actually made a mistake with him. I cleaned up after him and did not give him chores. My daughter LOVES to help out with a lot of things. My daughter helped me pick green beans from the garden, tear off the ends, and rinse them. She will help me cook by dumping ingredients into a bowl and stirring. Both of the twins have to put their dirty clothes in laundry room and they put their clean clothes neatly on their dressers. And they do a great job of cleaning up their messes.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yeah, along the same lines. My son helps clean up the toys. Puts dishes away (that he can reach, like his dishes and the tupperware and silverware), puts his dirty dishes in the sink, throws things away, carries things to the car, he can do about anything he is directed to....within reason LOL We just ask him and he helps with what we are doing.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Aww. Lol, My son is 3. He is responsible for keeping him room clean..and putting dirty clothes where they belong. That's all we "require" him to do, but he loves to "help" with the dishes and washing/folding clothes. :) Oh yea and he puts his own dishes in the sink too when he is done.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Dang, I need to get busy with mine, he just has to help put his toys away and he's almost 3
    jasonsmommom

Answer by jasonsmommom at 9:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• cleans her mess, feeds the cat, likes to help put the (non sharp) silverware away.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Clothes in hamper, put away toys, empty silverware from dishwasher after I take out anything sharp (her idea, not mine), and her favorite is to get to throw away any garbage she finds on the floor. Too bad she won't be so enthusiastic about helping around the house when she's older.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• She also puts her dishes in the sink after meals.
    Fallaya

Comment by Fallaya (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• whatever, i need done that's reasonable. She has to pick up her toys. put up her clothes, straighten out her bed (I have to really do it, but she throws her arms around.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Whoa! Can you teach my 2 year old all that lol? If I'm lucky enough to get his undivided attention, he will usually throw away his trash, help pick up his toys, help put away his clean laundry, and feed the dog (he started doing this on his own, and loves to do it..sometimes the dog has 4 full bowls a day if we aren't watching!!)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Daughter is almost 3 and she picks up her toys and brings her dirty dishes to the sink. She used to put her dirty clothes in the hamper as well, but now she has one that hangs on the door and she can't reach. lol
    CakeMaker84

Answer by CakeMaker84 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2010