Threatened miscarriage

Dr's apt today and was told I was in a threatened miscarriage stage of pregnancy because i bled and my HCG hasn't leveled up over a 4 day period, has anyone been told this, should I be worried?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ive never heard of this.... Im so sorry that sounds scary... hugs!
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 9:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No and I'm not really sure that I agree with the term. If one is going to miscarry, they do. Nothing can be done to stop it. It's more of an all or nothing situation. What kind of bleeding did you experience and has it stopped? Are you having any cramping? I wish you the best!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Was cramping and bleeding, and that was when my hormone leveled out and didn't move at all. Since then I have had pain without the bleeding but more spotting. I am not all nervous about it because I know if it happens there is nothing that I can do about it, but I am into my 2nd trimester, and would hate for it to happen. The baby already is developing so well!
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i never heard of this before, sounds scary. i think you should just pray okay. goodluck.
    demelina12

Answer by demelina12 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Did they tell you to do anything specific, like keep your feet up, rest, relax, go on bed rest? Anything to try to prevent a miscarriage from happening? I would call the doctor back if they didn't. Best of luck to you, I hope the baby will be okay.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010