HOW TO SAVE MONEY WITH ONLY ONE WORKING

I'M THE ONLY ONE WORKING HOW IN GODS NAME CAN I SAVE MONEY

blessed4466

Asked by blessed4466 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Lots of ways. Wash clothes in cold water; hang them up to dry. Unplug appliances not in use. Use compact fluorescent bulbs.

Make at least some of your own cleaning products. This has the added bonus of bringing fewer toxins into your home
    This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Stop buying paper towels and napkins. Cloth napkins are more fun! Pick up cheap cotton towels at your favorite second hand shop. Save money and trees!!

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• make it smaller and pay it out first?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Past the age of 2, the only beverage that humans need is water. Stop buying juice and sodas; buy milks only for cooking and cereal. You can liven up water with slices of fruits and vegetables; make ice cubes with blueberry eyeballs for the kids.

Replace meats with beans, lentils, tofu, seitan, etc. You can save even more money by using dried beans and lentils and making your own seitan.

Cook from scratch! Home cooked foods taste so much better than the nasty boxed stuff, and you will feel better because you are eating healthier foods.

Replace simple grains (white flour, white rice, white pasta, etc.) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain breads, etc.). While whole grains may cost more, they have more nutrition and are more filling, so they really are the better value.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Frozen fruits and vegetables have a longer shelf life than fresh and retain their nutrition longer; they are often a better, less expensive option than fresh.

Once or twice a week have breakfast for dinner. Popular options at my house are: yogurt parfaits with frozen berries and whole grain cereal; veggies omelettes with a bit of cheese and whole grain toast; whole grain pancakes with fruit.

Instead of baking a whole batch of cookies, make and freeze cookie dough balls. No one will be tempted to sneak a cookie(you know who you are) and when you do have cookies they will be fresh baked.

Only go to the grocery store every 8 days. Before you shop, plan all of your meals and snacks for the next 8 days. Write your list, based on what you need to complete your meal plan. Pull any necessary coupons, eat before you go (never go to the grocery store hungry).

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• First of all, calm down.

Secondly, it's easier than you think. Cancel any childcare you paid, call the utilities and tell them you are having problems. Ask what budget programs they offer, and cancel the cable if you have it. If you have an xbox 360, or wii, you can sign up for netflix and stream unlimited movies at 9 bucks a month.

Join this group.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/111028

Reassess your car insurance. Make sure you are getting the lowest price possible.
    Have the person who is working be sure that their W4 form is filled out properly. You should be able to take one deduction for each child. This will leave you with more money in your check.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Most important, buy only what is on your list. The specials at the store are not to save you money, they are to get you to buy items that you don't need. If you won't use it in 3 week, don't buy it!

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

• What all do you pay for, how much is your mortgage or rent, send me a private message or something, but i'll help you the best you can. Can't do much if I don't know what you have.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Collect Very Useful Data.........Earn Extra Income !!

Get paid to write down license plate numbers and share this opportunity with others. You can earn a monthly residual income!

This Simple Business is BLOWING UP around the USA.

No Selling! No Inventory! No Switching! No Using Products!

Learn more at:
    http://www.paymorebills.teamverify.com/

HUGE reduction of start up cost in August !!

KarenAbr

Answer by KarenAbr at 10:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• One thing that I have found that has really helped us is that I make a menu plan for our family. We are a stay at home Family of four because my Husband got hurt at work and is on disability. We eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at home which can get expensive. I make a menu plan for each meal. Every two weeks we have the same thing so twice a month we have the same thing. I make recipes that everyone likes, everyone picked out a meal they love and I assigned it to a certain day. The family always knows what we are having and I know what we need from the grocery and how much we will spend.
    We buy generic, it is so much cheaper to buy the store brand unless there is a sale. I have found that buying Kroger Brand and using their coupons is just as cheap as shopping sav a lot. We also have Deep Freeze and buy Ziploc freezer bags that you seal. I buy my meat in bulk and freeze it. Good Luck Mama. There are lots of ways to cut back
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Along with all the tips above... you can also add to your physical savings, by taking all the change from the money you spend and putting it in a jar or can with the lid glues on. You would be amazed at how much this can add up to over a month!! Also do it with single $1 bills, if you get $1 and change back, put it in the jar! I started doing this, and in about a month I had $75 saved. Unfortunately we had an emergency and I had to roll it and cash it in.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010