do you think if you ever got attacked you would be so afraid you couldnt scream? Is this possible?

its a huge fear of mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i had nitemares of that happening as well like i just cant get out a scream that is very loud or loud enough for someone else to hear. but the wierd thing is is that im a really jumpy person and co workers and friend always grab me from behind to see how high i jump and scream. finally after i jumped close to 2 feet off the floor and the whole store heard me scream they stopped.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i have had two nightmares like that! isn't that weird? after one, i actually woke up with a sore throat from trying to scream!
    but, did you know that it only takes 7 pounds of pressure to pull a mans testicles "off"? can you visualize yourself gouging someone's eyes out? i was told you have to be able to visualize it in order to do it if needed. hooray for health class?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would. I scream when I get scared. Like in high school my friends loved to come up behind me and scare/grab me because they found it funny that is scared me and how loud I screamed.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It does happen. When I get freaked out, my vocal cords paralyze and I would not be able to make a squeek much less a scream
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No, I have been attacked before. By my ex husband and my psycho sister. I know for a fact that i think fast in those situations. I don't make it easy to be attacked, i would try even if it killed me to kick their ass. I would scream & use everything within arms leangth as a diversion or weapon.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• no. all you think is fire, and of your children. You yell fire. One word, you can do it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes it is possible. everyone is different though so it depends on your personality to when you will get to that point of intense fear
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• oh yea but me myself it would take something catastrophic to make me that scared...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I know for a fact that I'd be screaming my ass off. I'd be hoarse the next day, for sure! If I'm somewhere & it's dark, I usually hold my keys were I could use them to stab. I'm also considering getting a knife of some sort. I'm never anywhere that's sketchy or anything, but I'm really paranoid & my biggest fear is getting attacked...especially if my son's with me.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I hope I would be able to. You really have me thinking about this one.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010