if your man leaves for work at 4:30am how would you spend time with him without him falling asleep while talking?

my man just started working at mc donalds since thats the only place that was hiring near us. i get up with him since he got this job on tuesday. while he is working im home alone and most of the time i get bored and feel like someone is watching our place to see if he goes to work or not. i dont want him to think that i am making this up just so he wont work. since he been working we have not been fighting anymore. which i am very happy about. when he comes home i lay down with him since we got up so early in the morning. any ideas? he also goes to school online.

heavenlove83

Asked by heavenlove83 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• my Dh works construction and is up and out of the house between 2:30 - 3:00 every morning. He also goes to bed with the kids at 8. SO...I don't get home from work until 5, and then DS has karate at 6:45, so I have an hour and a half, to make dinner, eat, do homework, change clothes and run to karate classes.

oh wait, you asked a question...lol

The short answer is you just have to make the most of the limited time you have.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would say start keeping the same schedule he does. Go to bed when he goes to bed so you can get up early when he does. Make sure you have your coffee pot set to brew if it has a timer. If not, make coffee first thing when you get up. Make having coffee together a morning ritual. It might take a little time. But, you will adjust. And the time you get to spend together will be worth it. I am up at 3:30am every morning with my SO. We spend an hour & a half together before he goes to work. I'm not a morning person. But, our morning time together is important to us.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my husband leave for work at 330 every morning..he also goes to bed the same time our son does at 8..Like the previous poster said..you just gotta make the best of the time you have and figure out something that works for you both..
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• same here with my DH - he gets up around 2:30 to 3AM every morning to go to work, before his schoolday starts - he's passed out every night at 8pm.
    Mostly we just see each other on the weekends.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My DH works 4pm-1am, I have to stay up to get any quality time with him, if he gets up in the am I sleep, if he does I sleep, we only have a one hour period during the day that we're talking to each other. What we do is on he 2 days he has off we make that our time as much as possible.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i do go to bed with him and get up with him. while he drinks his coffee i am drinking a bottled water since i dont have the taste for coffee.now every once n awhile i'll have a lil coffeethen it b about 5 months later that i'll have another. since he got this job its put a hold on our sex life also which sux big time. but i guess thats the price you take with any job
    heavenlove83

Comment by heavenlove83 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• go to bed earlier so he is well rested and no so tired after his job.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 5:56 AM on Aug. 13, 2010