Is Sweet N Low safe to use while pregnant?

I usually use about 1-2 packets in my glass of tea... I am 5 weeks pregnant. I haven't used it in the past 5 weeks but was wondering if it is safe to use?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 10:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No. Stick with plain sugar, or better yet, raw sugar.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't use it. Then again, I never use any fake sweetener or chemicalized food products. I only use real sugar, real butter, all that in moderation. I think it is far better for you (I am NOT saying it is GOOD for you) than man made chemicals.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 10:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I gave those types of things up. They say they are safe, but they are chemical laden.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No artificial sweetners are good for you, especially when you are pregnant. There was a study that was just done on 60,000 women that explained that pregnant women who drank one diet drink (they have the artificial sweetners) a day were 40% more likely to have a premature baby. The stats jump up to 80% with 4 or more servings. Saccharin (sweet n low) is nasty stuff...you are much better off just using normal sugar while pregnant. Canada outlawed saccharin in 1970 because of the health risks.
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would avoid all artificial sweeteners unless you are diabetic.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I used products with Splenda or Equal, which are supposed to be safe, and my little girl is perfect. I think Sweet-n-Low has saccharin which is a definite no-no. But double check to be sure.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i use sweet and low only in ice tea and yes i did use it while i was pregant and didnt have any problems nor did my doc say anything about it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• hon...yes its fibne. I am a diabetic. I wont get into debate here, but if you want some info on sweeteners, and safe practices, feel free to email me :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My doctor had me give up sweet and low while I was pregnant, and to switch to equal. I got used to the taste of equal and now that's what I use while I'm not pregnant.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Avoid it! Real sugar is best! Really that crap is bad for you when ur not pregnant!
    Research into the ingredience..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010