Has anyone use a moving company to move out of state? If so, which one and would you recommend it? Thanks!

We are moving in 30-60 days and will be using a moving company. I have spoke with a few, done some research, but I'd love to have you guys tell me good and bad experiences with particular companies. TIA!

tytysgirl

Asked by tytysgirl at 6:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Travel

• The name of the company won't help much So many of them are sub contractors. We had a wonderful move with Bekins. The next time it was a nightmare. Two different crews. One that we've had pretty good success with over the yrs was Mayflower. You need personal referrals from people who have used the exact mover you are looking at.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• when we had a military move from new york to oklahoma the army used atlas and they were fabulous. im just not sure if they only start out in new york or if they have branches all over. they even put our bed together when they delivered our stuff
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 1:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Moving Companies are rare in NY. People are  getting a less services from them. My friend told about a website- Mineeds.com, where they are giving a good services including moving services. You can get into it from the url below.

New York Movers & Moving Companies - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

Pamela0123

Answer by Pamela0123 at 12:21 AM on May. 6, 2009