postpartum depression?

i have a 3week old and i should be happy. I have a wonderful husband. i have a wonderful life but I'm not happy. My husband just told me I'm dragging him down. is this postpartum depression, what do i do?

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mama (hugs) talk to your doctor, call a local therapist...but first of all...take a deep breath. being a mom is HARD. its not ALL sunshine and roses...please dont beat yourself up, talk to moms, reach out...and if you need help finding a safe person to talk to, email me, I will try to jhelp.
    you are not alone. Go kiss lil baby, then kiss hubby, and say to yourself and them"I will be back to me soon, love you".
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Go see your doctor, talk to them! my guess is yes, if you want to try something else it is St. John's Wort. This is an herb for depression, mild depression, so try that if you don't want to bother with the doctor thing with money out for prescription. Another few things they will say you can do is get out of the house!! Go to the gym, take a walk they will tell you to do this, I was told to do it after I had my daughter, but if you can't bring yourself to do this GO TO THE DR!!! It isn't healthy for you OR the baby. If you are breastfeeding you may want to force yourself to get out of the house and do stuff daily even if you feel better because you don't want the herb or medication passing onto the baby, and I don't know how it effects the milk production.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You just had a baby 3 weeks ago. You are probably sleep deprived and everything is new for you. Your husband should be being more supportive during this time. I would definitely talk to your PCP or OBGYN and see if you can talk to someone professionally, if you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. If you do have PPD, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be put on drugs. You might just need someone to talk to. Don't feel ashamed, this is perfectly normal and many moms go through this. Get the help you can. Good luck mama, and best wishes.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• have you tried to go out for walks with the baby? sometimes that would help or even try to have a girls night out for a couple of hours
    heavenlove83

Answer by heavenlove83 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you need to talk to you rdoctore i felt the same way i mean i had an awesome family and everything but i would find myself crying in sadness i felt like i jus couldnt and didnt want to do anythign i had some scary feelings ( not hurting anybody or myself) but i did have thoguht a lot and i dont know i felt like i wasnt a good enouph mom or women. i talked to my doctor the send me for counceling and im on antidepresents it has made everything so much better im so happy and its been great again i dont have those feeling anymore i think you should talkt o your doctor and get as much help as you can.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 3:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010