I am 4 months pregnant...why dont I feel like theres a baby in there?

Once in a great while I feel flutters but not to often...Other people say that they can feel the baby alot by this point

mamahillary

Asked by mamahillary at 6:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Everybody is different. Discuss your worry with your doctor next time you go in or if it is really bugging you then give them a call in the morning and ask to talk with a nurse. You may have to wait for them to call you back when a nurse gets a moment but they can kinda troubleshooot so to speak and if they are concerned they will have you make an appointment to get in soon....I hope that everything is fine with your pregnancy though
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• thats not true some really dont feel there baby til around 7 months im sure things are fine honey
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i my experience (only one), i didn't know what i was feeling...was it the baby or gas? was my stomach just digesting, or did the baby move? what i do know is, because i was overweight, i didn't see the movement very well, unless i was lying flat on my back. it served to reason that skinny gals would have thinner skin/coating, so the movement would be more noticeable. but feeling? i don't know
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Take it easy. I was feeling the same way you are. I felt my bundle of joy when I was 5mths. I'm now 7mths and I feel him now more than ever. 4mths is still early. Relax! Because when he/she starts to move where you can't get comfortable. Then you will say something about that. Again, Relax
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I've heard at least 5 months is common for feeling your baby move. I felt mine move at 4 1/2 months but that was really early. I felt like that, too. Don't worry--it'll happen! Be patient : )
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 12:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was around 18 weeks when I started feeling my daughter moving to the point that I could tell it was a baby in there. Before that it was the same fluttery feeling you described. So don't worry too much about it. Every woman's body is different :)
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 1:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008