I'm so excited because my 5 year old son will be starting kindergarten in 3 weeks and this is his very first time so I don't know who's more looking forward to it me or him so is anybody got any first timers going to school and will I enjoy having

free time to myself or I will miss him too much?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 10:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in

• My son started kindergarten Tuesday. I was so nervous. He's really speech delayed and super tiny, but he dove right in. He's made a lot of friends. I have a 3 year old, so I still keep busy. I missed him the first day, but I saw how happy he was when he got off the bus. Now I no longer worry and I know he's having a great time.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Today was my dd's first day of Pre-k. I missed her so much because things just aren't the same without her here. It is an exciting experience though! It was so cute to watch her proudly walk up to me with her backpack when I picked her up. She had so much fun and I can tell all of her fears and worries subsided. You'll both do fine!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• With my oldest I was never exited...he is 7 now and in 2nd grade. I cried when I passed the school and at one point just wanted the day to come to gte it over with. We all adapted or shall I say mommy adapted! My son loved it! his younger sister satrted kinder 3 weeks ago. I wasn't as bad with her..ha ha I was nervouse because she came from a montessori school so I was more worried about the transition but she is doing well. 2 down one to go but she is just 2...I stay busy with work, school, and the house so I don't feel much me time!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The first week of Kindergarten for my older son was a nerve-wracking experience for me, even though he had been enrolled in 3 and 4 year old preschools--Kindergarten was the first time he was taking a bus to school!! I remember keeping my cell phone on my hip the entire time, and waiting on the front steps at least a 1/2 hour before he was scheduled to come home! LOL

When my younger son started Kindergarten last year, I went back to work full-time as a teacher, so I was preoccupied with my job too much to worry, and never got to enjoy a WHOLE day to myself!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• sooo exciting!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ull miss him im sure
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:54 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• how did it go?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010