What type of things --food, decorations, drinks, ect -- would you have at a hawaiian lua party?

party theme

momma_of_kyky

Asked by momma_of_kyky at 10:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Entertainment

• go to this web sit they have thing and more for a lua party.
    orientaltrading.com
    you can get deals by the dozen if you want it.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 10:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• pineapple for sure! You can use the tops for garnish on the fruit trays...

Tiki torches are pretty inexpensive and cast a nice light. Get the citronella kind they help w/ bugs.

Must have leis (sp?) and little umbrellas for you drinks!
    bam920

Answer by bam920 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Grass skirts! You can get fake ones at a lot of different places and definitely leis! Hmm, food I am not sure. Probably a lot of fresh food and pork(which I know you hate, lol). Lots of flowers and seashells for decorations!
    Michellesmom06

Answer by Michellesmom06 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• bright colored flower aragnements, crushed ice magarita's, jello-shots are always great for any sort of occasion, you can buy those blow-up palm trees, maybe buckets of sand with some candles in them (outside lighting), ham with pineapple and or grilled chicken with a cherry honey mustard sauce, what about a upside down pineapple cake for a dessert?...I have tons of ideas!
    nickiearmywife

Answer by nickiearmywife at 11:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Must have leis, tiki torches , hula skirts, coconut cups, latterns, pina coladas, palm tree deorations. I made a cake that looked like a beach, its on familyfun.com! It was sooo cute!! Oh do bright color balloons! An for a pinata you can get tinkerbell and dress her in a hula skirt, with leis! For food BBq, and at traditional luaus they serve macaroni salad, and lots of fresh fruit!! Hope this helps!
    makaylasmom06

Answer by makaylasmom06 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• im kinda strange I guess, I would have ham, fruit salad mabye a few other types of salads and sides, mai tai, punch, some sort of fruity type of desert/s. At least that is what I had when I went to one in maui, lol. Id prob stick with that, unless I felt really creative and dangerous :P
    TwistedMalice

Answer by TwistedMalice at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• when we had ours, i had sooo much fun with it. we made cobobs out of pineapple and cherries and sprinkled cocunut over them. i had gold fish for the kids. i made little cups of sand (vanilla pudding and vanilla waffers) on top i put a teddy graham on a fruit roll up towel and a drink umbrella. everyone thought they were sooo cute. i bought a cheap calender of the beach and ripped out the pages and hung around to give the beachy feel. we had ours inside (it was winter) i sprayed cocunt airfreshner all around.
    mygirlsrock00

Answer by mygirlsrock00 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008