does anyone elses baby have poop problems i was breastfeeding for a bit and it didnt pan out it was sad but i put my lil punky on formula and she has to really push to get it out hellllppppppp

Danielle71610

Asked by Danielle71610 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving her the gentle formula, the one that says easy on the tummy
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 10:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Switching from breastmilk to formula will cause problems for baby with stooling because formula is harder to digest and creates firmer stools, so baby has to work a bit harder to poop. Your baby will adjust in time to the change. Also, expect less frequent stooling when you are using formula, which may also create firmer stools that may be harder to pass.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Apple juice is a good stool loosener. I would buy the baby food brand stuff though. The regular stuff is too strong.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes , i breastfed my dd as well and she has had problems with her bowels ever since she was a week old...we have brought her too see a pedi and they put her on meds. she is 21 months old now and still on the meds, if we slack her off the meds her poop will go really hard and she will rip herself every time..Bring your little one to the pedi. and ask him if he would recommend polyethylene Glycol 3350;
    I have asked the pedi. what it does, he says all it does in pulls water into her bowels giving her a softer stool.
    I have asked if she can become addicted to it, he said no.
    And i have asked him if her body can become immune to it he said no.
    He said as her stool gets softer (more like diarrhea )to back her off little by little and thats what we have been doing! Good Luck!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 10:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• she is only three and a half weeks is it safe to use apple juice even the gerber baby kind?
    Danielle71610

Comment by Danielle71610 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• She might not be able to tolerate the formula you have her on. My baby did what yours is doing and I had to give her Similac Alimentum. It might be best to just call the doctor and tell them what is going on.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• try a formula without iron
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No, I would not recommend apple juice at that age.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I breastfed for a little over 6 months then had to stop because I injured myself really bad and couldn't take the pain without meds. Long story short I had to stop bfing... switching to formula was hard for my son, it was really hard for him to poop, it was kinda sad because it looked like it caused him pain. I used the red top can of simulac, spoused to me easier on their tummies. Over time their body just adjusts to it... And no juice imo... too young..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ya she does poop like once a day sometimes more it just seems like she is miserable and she has gone a day or so without pooing it brought me to tears cuz she seemed so uncomfy the texture is changing it used to be much runnier now it is getting a lil bit thicker i called the pedi and she said as long as she goes within three days there isnt a problem
    Danielle71610

Comment by Danielle71610 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010