My son is 2 and I think that my SO is to hard on him.

i say MY because he isn't my SO's son. He has been around since i was 4 months pregnant and we have been together since he was 3 months old. But i still think of him as my son. He is just a little to rough with him. he spanks him fr everything is always yelling at him and never spend any "time" with him. What do i do to get him to chill.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My question to you is why the hell are you letting this go on?!!! I didnt quit understand you ?.... Is this your child cause I dont know what SO is? My husband and I have a 2 yr old and we do yell at him but try not too unless its a big nono.... like if he touches the stove or somthing like that and my husband doesnt dare spank our son unless its also a big thing that he did wrong. I unlike alot of women am the boss of my house wether my husband wants to admit it or not. Usually men dont want to admit somthing like that but he knows if he spanks the baby that it better be for a good reason and since Im a stay at home mom I know everything that goes on in my house. My husband and I are on the same page as far as our son goes so maybe you need to check your man and Im not being funny. I feel bad for the kid and I dont even know him. Good luck and you need to step it up a little.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• He is my son. i think it is because we have a daughter together and he is always telling him to stay away from her or to stop doing something when he isn't even hurting her. He didn't do it until she came along. I try to tell him to stop but he isnt around much so he thinks he dont have to listen i guess.
    Anonymous

• This is YOUR child and you need to tell him to back the hell off. Its not his resposiblity to disapline YOUR child. He is not the father, and has no right to do any of these things to your son.
    tln1

Answer by tln1 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• But how do i tell him? He has been here his hole life. My sons father is not around so he is the only daddy he has if i piss him off and my son looses him to i would never forgive myself.
    Anonymous

• what is an SO?????
    Anonymous

• Your son should always come before a guy. It's your job to protect him from that unacceptable mess. I feel bad for your son.
    Anonymous

• an SO is your b/f, husband, fiance, g/f what have you.

And Its not like he beats him i wouldn't stnd for that no matter what. He doesn't have bruises or marks on him. (except the ones he makes from playing). I just think that he is to rough on him.

Ok so i know i have to say something to him but i dont know how to. Or what to say we dont spend much time together (he works nights) and the time we do spend together i dont want to spend fighting.
    Anonymous

• Well, I know hes been there all his life, but people act different when they know its not "their" child. Not all, but most. Do you think theres a level of resentment that this child is not his? Does he treat the daughter that is his differently? If so, then you can see the dynamic played out. If hes not going to look at this as his child, then he doesn't get the rights of the father to discipline him or say anything. If you feel hes not being fair, then put a stop to it. This child is primarily yours and secondly his. I would approach him quietly and calmly and talk to him about what he feels. Men hate feelings talks but too bad. Just tell him your observations and let him know you want to help the two of you be closer. See how that goes.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2008