Looking to work at Home....Here's Something to think about

I noticed there are alot of questions about starting a business, working from home, wanting to spend more time with family, you get the idea. Then I see people posting their business, products or both saying how great everything is. Well that is all good but it means nothing if they can't help you build your business after joining. When looking to join a business you want to make sure that the person has the training and support that you need in order to help you succeed. I don't mean the basic marketing like placing ads everywhere on the internet promoting your business first or products first. This will limit you to little or no success. You want someone who will show you different techniques that will cut your learning curve in half so that you can see results much quicker instead of spending 1-2 years trying to figure what works and what doesn't. So what type of training do you offer to make it easier for your prospects?

tpalmer

Asked by tpalmer at 6:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Money & Work

• great topic and question. I've noticed this as well and look forward to reading peoples answers =)
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I always tell people to Pm me here or from my website with any questions. I try to explain each site I list but it's impossible to put every detail.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You hit my philosophy right on the mark. I operate a travel agency and I am personally involved with helping my agents' businesses. We are NOT a mlm company or network marketing company. We just book vacation packages and cruises --nothing more, nothing less. If you're interested in travel go to www.FunDestinationsAtHome.com and check us out!
    MyTravelBiz

Answer by MyTravelBiz at 9:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• YES! We can and will help them build their business. But it starts with them wanting it for themselves first! How bad do they want to succeed??? With our team and leadership and experiences of many successful individuals, we help them cut corners by telling them and showing them what worked for us. This way they don't have to re-invent the wheel. We already have a proven program for success, and with our Team's support all they have to do is follow it! It's really that simple! We as well as our uplines are always availabe 24/7 for our members. Please feel free to visit my home page. Thanks for the question.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree it is about them wanting it for themselves. However, wanting for yourself without any training could take you years to succeed. Even the most determined person gets frustrated. That's why I think it is important for people to have leadership when developing their businesses so that they can transfer it to their prospects. Now I don't know about your business or team but there alot of businesses out there that needs to update their marketing techniques. If you have a mentor you can succeed without the training from the company because you know how to test and learn new tools for yourself and in turn transfer that to your team and prospects.provides
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 9:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If something was to happen where the training was no longer updated, would you still be able to provide value to your team. It's valuable to be able to develop your own training system or tap into an outside source that is constently updating. I always look for new things no matter what my company
    tpalmer

• Great topic - first people need to decide really what direction they want to go, and which type of industry, considering there are so many network marketing companies to choose from. a business team is the most important aspect of building a networking business. Any company that you choose needs to be clear on what they offer, the compensation plan needs to be easy to understand, tools to help build your business, and a team that offers those tools openly. I prefer consumable products because they are functional, used everyday - and the healthier the better. Any product that you are going to endorse you must be proud to endorse, and you should have some background knowledge of that type of product or industry. Alway do you due diligence, and if your questions aren't answered to where you can understand, move on!
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I have been using http://www.danijohnson.com/ --- She has lots of free training on her site for any business or job. She has some materials to buy too. I think her training is great.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 10:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Dani Johnson is great. She has great training.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 4:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2008