When did your baby start crawling?

my son is 5 months old and has no interest in crawling, whatsoever! since the day he was born he has been holding his head up and standing on whoever he is sitting with. now he stands holding onto things but when hes on his tummy he just eats his hands and doesnt want to get up at all. and he wont even roll over. ive tried to leave him when hes mad to see if he will roll over but he just burries his head into his hands and cries way too cute for me to leave him. im worried he might never crawl!

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 6:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son my first started when he was 6-7m old but my daughter who is 9m is just now shwing interest. she is moving ......a little.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• my dd start at 6 months and walked at 7 months
    blackjack

Answer by blackjack at 7:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Don't worry, they're all different. Mine crawled as follows: 8 mo, 8 mo, 9 mo, 7 mo, 5 mo.
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well my son is almost 8mths, and he hasnt crawled once. he spins around on the floor, then kicks his legs out..but all babies start at different times. It looks like hes starting to gethis knees up. but i dont think hes gotten the concept of moving forward. lol Im not giving up...and neither should u. ur baby is only 5mths! now if he was 11 or 12mths, then id be worried!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My son was lazy, he didn't crawl till he was like 11 months and didn't start walking till he was 17 months. All kids are different and there is no rush. My daughter is 5 1/2 months and no where near crawling. He will do it in his own time, when he is ready.
    jencris

Answer by jencris at 10:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My dd started scooting around 5 months... She's now 6 months and has basically mastered crawling!
    newmommyhjm

Answer by newmommyhjm at 10:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Why are you in such a hurry? Give him some time! Enjoy the moments that he isn't crawling. let him develop naturally. Stop being so pushy!
    Anonymous

• to my anonymous response: if he was making progress i wouldnt be worried but he just seems to be laying there barely even moving.

Thank you everyone else for your answers!

lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 11:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My son who will be 7 months in 3 days started crawling at 5 months 3 1/2 weeks so just before the 6th month and he just as of sunday started pulling self up to stand holding onto the couch. time will come to all babies. He didn't show interest in either til he saw another baby do it at his playgroup.
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 12:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• hey hun my daughter is going on 6 months on the 23rd and she just started learning how to push her knees underneath herslf and scoot. and she loves to sit and she can somewhat hold onto things and stand. she loves it but she still doesnt know how to lift her head when she is scooting. so dont worry. my mom told me sometimes they skip that whole step and going straight to all the other steps but every child is diffrent. and you know what your babyboy will do something spectacular. one day you will be doing something then all of a sudden out of the corner of your eye he will be crawling and you will be so amazed and happy. maybe he is shy maybe he will do it when no one is looking and when people are looking he wont do it. but he just might skip that step all together. well thats all my advice I hope it helps.
    Luvbeinamom1807

Answer by Luvbeinamom1807 at 4:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2008