Need some support...

I had to have a c-section 2 weeks ago and since my daughter was lodged in my hip they couldn't do a bikini c-section, the had to do a vertical incision. Well now everytime I see the incision it makes me cry. This doctor MUTILATED my body. He did not stitch the skin back the way it should be so I have what I call bumps from the weird stitch and since I am a bit heavier it's like there is a tunnel where my skin indents. It is seriously making me depressed and Idk what to do. I was told before my c-section that it would be a bikini cut and after I was already in recovery they told me I had a vertical c-section. I just want to cry every single time I see it. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• So you are telling her that people shouldn't tell her to be happy that she has a healthy baby? Well excuse me, I know that body imagine is imporan to a women but I know she would feel a lot more depressed if there was something wrong with the baby or lost the baby. Why do i say this? B/c i lost the baby and have a crappy body. Then you tell her how many c-section she "should" have? I've had three in 3 years and the c-sections were fine. Yes, maybe with a vertical i would wait but i surely wouldnt wait 3 years.
    Anyways, moma, I know you are upset with your appearance, I wasnt trying to get off topic but there are options for your future. good luck
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i am sorry mama! is there any way you can look at your baby and thank God she is alive? Just wait until your body loses weight, and begins to heal. it is possible that you could see a plastic surgeon in the future.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Oh my goodness, I havent heard of this happening in a long time. i'm so sorry hun.I know i am not much help but I've had 3 c-sections and am overweight. I used to have a perfect bosy and now I think its ruined.... I know how you are feeling but i have never had a vertical cut. I would honestly do the vertical cut for a healthy baby though, one of my c-sections i delievered a stillborn.... so anyways, just look at your baby and dont be too down on yourself
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm sorry this has happened to you. Don't let people tell you that you should just be glad you have a healthy baby. You are right to feel angry and upset about your body. It won't ever be the same. Try to get in to see another doctor to see if anything can be done to make the incision be better. There are medications to help make scars heal better. Ask for that medication and use it.

You arn't going to be able to wear a bikini but they make cute one piece suits. How often do most people go swimming anyway?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't want to upset you more but you should know that it's important to wait before ttc. The World Health Org recommends at least 3 years. You may be able to only have one more c-section, two at the most.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:57 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Your baby is alive and healthy that 's what matters. There's always plastic surgery.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010