How can i help my son go to sleep?

My son is almost 13 months old. Every night he goes to bed between 8 and 9 and lays awake singing and babbling for awhile. Like tonight it's been going on 2 hours. IS this normal? Is there anything i can do? My other two sons are in there and they can't sleep when he does this.

Momofboys22

Asked by Momofboys22 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son does this every night and has since he was about that old. He is a definite night owl. I just let him do his thing til he falls asleep on his own.
    CherryAddict

Answer by CherryAddict at 10:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Try giving him a nice warm bath before bedtime. My boys always liked a nice back and leg rub with lotion after their baths. I think it helps relax their little muscles. Then, a bedtime story and lights out. That's how I did it, anyway.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My daughter used to do this until we realized she just wasn't getting worn out enough during the day. Maybe just wear him out before bedtime?
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• when my little boy was 13mos he did that as well. hes 2 now and still does it! when i would be in my room and he was in his i could hear him because he was that loud. what i did was tried to explain to him that it was bed time and it was time to calm down and be quiet but at that age trying to explain something to him was like talking to a wall! so what i did was buy this mobile that sat on the dresser but was also a projector and it played music and you can set the sound level really low so the other boys can sleep! now we use it for his younger brother because he does the same thing. so to replace that we got him a nightlight without music it displayed the solar system on his ceiling and that sometimes keeps him from singing because it has him distracted. hope this somewhat helped..Good Luckk*
    xsbnix

Answer by xsbnix at 10:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Do all the boys go to sleep at the same time? If he's younger maybe he should be put down earlier? I am dealing with my DS thats 2 1/2 and pulls roughly the same thing. I find when I let him swim for an hour each day that wares him out, or let him ride his bike while I walk so that way we both get exersize. However you do it you need to give this child exersize and maybe a warm milk a warm tub with lavender babysoap, and a rubdown if he'll sit still.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• OMG you are so lucky that they just lay there!! My 20 mon. old just sits in his bed and screams bloody murder till I get him. Ever since he was born he is so hard to put to sleep!
    sunshine_baby86

Answer by sunshine_baby86 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010