Compromising in a relationship?

Everyone says to compromise in a relationship and I say if a relationship is all you compromising is it really a relationship? I wanted another baby and for ten years it has not happened. I asked a question if wanting another baby and not getting it or other things were deal breakers for your relationship so what do you think? Oh we are not married if this means anything?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, if one wants to have a child and the other doesn't, this would be a deal breaker. The one who yearns for a child should have the child if she believes that this is a necessity in her life, but the SO should not be forced or pressured into having another child if he doesn't want one. So compromise is not possible in the case of having a child or not.

Answer by Bmat at 11:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not being allowed to have a baby isn't compromising. It's being controlled.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It would be a deal breaker for me. I would only want a baby with that person if they wanted the baby as well.
    CherryAddict

Answer by CherryAddict at 11:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Ehhh well thats tricky. Is the baby thing all you are compromising on? Or is it EVERYTHING now? Because if its everything then maybe thats not the greatest relationship anymore. Did you have a baby with this same man before or was it another man? You need to sit down and ask him legit reasons for not wanting another one. Age? Money? Maybe sit down and write a list of pros and cons together. Its a decison that realllllllly should be made together... lol Also how old are you? Would you consider having a child with someone else if he doesn't give you what you want? Would you "poke holes in the condoms"? I meen how desperate are you?
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2010