ugh im scared but i want him to do it soon

i want my SO to tell his mother that we are pregnant and i want him to do it before i get in the second trimester which is a week away i know she has been a toltal B to me but i just think she deserves at least that mcuh respect to knwo that shes gonna be grandma (either she likes it or not ) im 11 weeks and he is still tring to get ahold of his dad he wants to tell him first to get some advice on telling his mom ... i mean she has been a total B but is it normal that i think she desreves to know now rather than later i read on here how so many just cut them out and all that jazz but i dont belive thats the way to go .. i right now dont knwo how to feel...... anyone feel the same or had felt the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree that she needs to be told sooner than later becasue youre gonna get to a point where you cant exactly hide the fact youre pregnant and then if she hasnt been told by then shes REALLY going to be a B to you....let her know but keep her at arms length
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 7:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• well its no big she lives in texas i just think she deserves to know
    Anonymous

• I agreed with you she does need to know. Regardless of how she is. What advice is your other half is expecting to get to tell his mother that she is going to become a grandmother. She can give you both her blessings or keep her comments to herself. This is something that you and him as one will have to go through.
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Fear not. When I got pregnant with my son, my father-in-law thought I was ruining my husband's life. Little did he know, my hub does well enough on his own. LOL Dad did not speak to me for a month. Who spoils the kids now? You got it. Dad.

I think she needs to know to get over the shock so she can get used to the idea before the baby gets here.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about rushing it right now...a lot of people don't say anything til their second trimester when the threat of miscarriage is much lower and they feel safe to tell people. I would just try to keep it as low stress for you as possible. Let your hubby handle this one.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my first child we waited until after the first trimester (superstition I suppose) Then I told my mom (well, she guessed). Then my DH told his father (his parents are divorced). Well my FIL told a co-worker of my MIL and he congratulated her and she had no idea what he was talking about! I felt so bad, even though we have not been close to his mom over the years (we were married 9 years when I got pregnant and we hadn't spoken to her until then). No matter the relationship, she deserved to know before the "general population" in our life. We're all close now, perhaps the baby will bring you together. It takes some forgiving to move on, but things are really nice now.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008