How can I stay strong and move forward for my 3 kids and myself after my husband decided to leave after 13 years of marriage?

Husband decided things were not going well (which is true). We have been struggling with alot of things. I chose to forgive him after he cheated. I also have bipolar disorder which he says i use as an excuse. not true. But I love him but know things are better this way but the kids and I are still having such a hard time ( especially our 6 y/o). Any suggestions would be grateful cause I am not the most strongest person in the world.

Tricia12675

Asked by Tricia12675 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Okay first yes you are second start rebuilding your family for yourself and third sometimes its hard and not to put anyone down because I am in your husbands shoes maybe he needs time and you need time. Selfish as it looks either your relationship is going to be better or you are going to know for sure its over either way stand up for yourself I know I am GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Hang tough and know that you were alive and living before you met him and will be now. Remember that you are a mother which makes you the strongest creature on this earth. Your children need to know that they can count on you. Yes your allowed emotions and your allowed to cry and be angry.........just remember who is watching you. Dont let it consume your life. Life will go on with or without him.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have an adult son that has bipolar disorder and he is on good meds, has a good job, no kids, and he can't take care of himself. It may be too much to expect to be able to take care of your kids without help. You need to talk to your care providers, your social worker or case manager about what kind of help may be available. There may be respite care, homemaker services, and other services that are available. There may be therapy groups you can go to while the kids are at school.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Your husband does not get to tell you what it's like to have bipolar disorder. You may not have forgiven him when he cheated, you may have accepted it because you were afraid to be alone. You may find that you end up doing better without him.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Bipolar or not, it can be treated through medication. My niece has it. But, if he prefers to be this way, there is not much you can do about it. Find some other mothers who have been through the same thing, or even a support group. Since you have three children, it's going to be hard and you will need to find the strength to go on. The kids should be reason enough. They are going to need you and you are going to need them as well.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• the kids should be reason enough.They are going to need you to stay strong.Get on your hand and knee and talk to god.
    ladydi121

Answer by ladydi121 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• See if you can find a divorce support group, somewhere you can talk about what's going on, with people who will understand what you're going through. You're going to need help with this, and you need to do everything in your power not to talk about adult things in front of your kids. Start to build a new life for yourself, and you might want to start looking for a lawyer if you think you'll be getting a divorce. If you don't have a good lawyer, things will be even harder.

Good Luck, I'm sorry for what you're going through. Take care of yourself and your children.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• no pity parties. this guy does not want you. fine. great to know now then another 15 years of your life wasted. you deserve the best and if this guy can't hack a real relationship-buh bye. love yourself, know your worth and move on. I'm glad to see you not using bipolar as an excuse because it's not and it does not define who you are. don't let him justify leaving with it and putting crap and blame in your head.

this is just a chapter in your book...turn the page and move on...over time it gets easier. NO PITY PARTY!!!!
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010